Welcome, California Reviewers for 6–8!
We’re so honored you’re considering Amplify Science California—the #1 most adopted NGSS curriculum across the state.
- It meets 100% of the NGSS.
- It has demonstrated effectiveness across all student groups.
- It helps students make the shift from learning about to figuring out scientific concepts.
- It empowers students to think, read, write, and argue like real scientists and engineers each and every day.
- It can flexibly adapt to remote and hybrid learning scenarios.
Developed by UC Berkeley’s Lawrence Hall of Science, our program features:
- A phenomena-based approach where students construct a complex understanding of each unit’s anchor phenomenon.
- A blend of cohesive storylines, hands-on investigations, rich discussions, literacy-rich activities, and digital tools.
- Newly crafted units, chapters, lessons, and activities designed to deliver true 3-dimensional learning.
- An instructional design that supports all learners in accessing all standards.
Hear what these educators have to say about the program. >
Remote and Hybrid Learning Guide
Learn more about new product enhancements and resources to help you and your sta...
DEI: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusi...
See how Amplify Science supports equitable classroom instruction and inclusion f...
Program structure for 6–8
Take a closer look at how the program is organized at 6–8.
New! Classroom Slides for 6–8
Learn more about the customizable PowerPoints that are being released for every...
Spanish resources at K–8
Take a closer look at our Spanish components.
3-D teaching and learning
What's so phenomenal about phenomen...
Learn more about the power of teaching science through phenomenon along with act...
Phenomena and storylines for 6–8
Read more about the real-world phenomena featured in each grade 6–8.
Integrating the 5Es at K–8
Learn how the 5E elements are integrated throughout every unit.
[VIDEO] Hands-on in action at 6–8
Watch these sixth-graders conduct hands-on investigations.
[VIDEO] Using digital tools at 6–8
Watch how these sixth-graders find and observe substances that do and do not rea...
Summary of investigations at 6–8
Explore the types of investigations that students conduct at each grade 6–8.
Standards and assessment
Explore your grade
Get started by watching this class share what they’re figuring out with Amplify Science. >
Select a grade level below to learn more about how we make rich learning accessible to all students at every grade.
|Grades 6–8 Integrated||Grades 6–8 Domain|
|Grade 6||Earth and Space Science|
|Grade 7||Life Science|
|Grade 8||Physical Science|