We hope you’ll take some time to rest and recharge this summer! But we also know how hard you work—even when school’s out—to do the best you can for the students in your science classroom.
Without the constraints of the school schedule, summer can be a great time for teachers to work on professional development!
That’s why we created this handy list of professional learning resources, mined from our trove of blog posts and webinars, for you to dive into this summer.
Science and literacy integrations
How should you approach the integration of science and literacy, and why is it important in the first place? Get all the answers in these posts and webinars:
- K–8 Literacy & Science Instruction Integration (webinar)
- ”Instructional strategies for integrating literacy into your science classroom” (blog)
- ”Integrating writing skills into science instruction” (blog)
- ”Integrating literacy in the science classroom” (blog)
- ”Science or literacy instruction? You don’t have to choose!” (blog)
- Finding Connections to K–8 Science & Literacy Educator Roundtable (webinar)
Next Generation Science Standards
These resources will help you learn about the Next Generation Science standards by grade level—and discover how to make them come alive in your classroom:
Phenomena in science
What’s phenomena-based learning in science? A method of exploring the everyday and observable that can also deliver extraordinary results. Learn more here: