Welcome, TK-5 LAUSD principals and teachers!
Thank you for considering Amplify CKLA—the only elementary ELA curriculum truly built on the Science of Reading.
- 2023-24 Demo log-in access credentials have changed. Please follow the new login instructions.
- Receiving school or district orders? View the 2023-24 CKLA LAUSD Delivery Guide for inventorying and unpacking your shipment(s).
- Access the 2023-24 Classroom materials handbook to learn more about, and help with the organization of, your classroom materials!
- Access the CKLA Research Units.
Scroll down to learn how CKLA is uniquely designed to help all students make learning leaps in literacy.
Looking for LAUSD G6 ELA information and resources? Visit the LAUSD G6 ELA site.
Developed in partnership with the Core Knowledge Foundation, Amplify CKLA promises:
- A unique research-based approach based on the Science of Reading.
- A combination of explicit foundational skills instruction with meaningful content knowledge.
- An instructional design that levels the playing field for every child.
- Superior results.
Before you explore the program on your own, watch this program walkthrough.
CKLA Program Guide
Learn more about key program features and how CKLA works.
Caminos Program Guide
Learn more about key program features and how Caminos works.
Learn about the impact and effectiveness of Amplify CKLA.
Program structure and components
Explore how the program is structure and dive into its key components.
Built on the Science of Reading
Watching students learn to read: magic. Knowing how they get there: science.
What does the Science of Reading really mean? What does it tell us about how to teach? How can we bring those insights and practices into our classrooms (remote or otherwise)? We believe CKLA has the answers.
Supports Orton-Gillingham and LETRS
CKLA brings the instructional principles recommended by Orton-Gillingham and LETRS to life in the classroom.
- Structured–Concepts are taught through consistent routines
- Sequential–Concepts are taught in a logical, well-planned sequence
- Systematic–Phonemes are taught from simplest to most complex
- Explicit–Decoding and encoding concepts are taught directly and explicitly
- Multi-sensory–Instruction is delivered through visual, auditory, and kinesthetic-tactile pathways
- Cumulative–Concepts are applied in decodable, connected text with constant review and reinforcement
Watch a CKLA grade 1 Skills Lesson in action by clicking the video.
What students read
Amplify CKLA puts a variety of texts in the hands of students every day to build and strengthen background knowledge and vocabulary, listening and reading comprehension, and decoding and fluency skills.
Reading and comprehension activities utilize:
- Authentic books.
- Authentic text passages.
- Student Readers.
- Novel Guides (grades 3–5).
Grade K Text List
Take a closer look at what students read in Grade K.
Grade 1 Text List
Take a closer look at what students read in Grade 1.
Grade 2 Text List
Take a closer look at what students read in Grade 2.
Grade 3 Text List
Take a closer look at what students read in Grade 3.
Grade 4 Text List
Take a closer look at what students read in Grade 4.
Grade 5 Text List
Take a closer look at what students read in Grade 5.
Access and equity
We believe we have a responsibility to provide literacy instruction that gives every student the same opportunity to succeed and excel.
We know that early reading affects achievement throughout school and beyond—well into college and career. Yet most literacy programs continue to fall short of supporting early literacy success. That’s why we’re so proud that CKLA is helping close the reading gap between students within diverse communities.
The missing piece
CKLA is aligned with programs you already know and use—mCLASSⓇ and Amplify Reading—making the integration between systems, your implementation, and ongoing instructional planning more efficient, effective, and easy for your teachers.
Standards alignment and unit summaries
Ready to explore on your own? Follow the instructions below to access your demo account.
Access the CKLA Teacher Resource Site
Watch the quick navigation video first, then login using the “Access CKLA Teacher Resource Site” button.
- Click the CKLA Teacher Resource Site below.
- Select the Log in with Amplify button.
- Enter the username: email@example.com
- Enter the password: AmplifyNumber1
- Select the desired grade level.
Access the CKLA Student Hub
Watch the quick navigation video first, then login using the “Access CKLA Student Hub” button.
- Click the CKLA Student Hub button.
- Select Log in with Amplify.
- Enter the username firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter the password AmplifyNumber1.
- Select the desired grade level.