Welcome, Texas educators!
mCLASS® Texas Edition has been selected as the Texas Education Agency (TEA)–approved alternative free Reading Diagnostic Tool for Kindergarten and as one of the free options for grades 1–2, as legislated by HB3.
mCLASS Texas Edition provides a full K–6 assessment solution, enabling you to leverage and connect valuable student data from the beginning of their literacy journey to later grades, reflecting a reliable and valid view of every student’s progression. Register for a webinar to learn more.
What is mCLASS Texas Edition?
mCLASS Texas Edition is an integrated, gold standard literacy system that offers teacher-administered assessment and holistic instruction for grades K–6. Teachers often complain about the need to cobble together a number of different tools. They don’t trust their screener so they use something else to monitor progress.
The mCLASS comprehensive system includes efficient one-minute measures, a built-in dyslexia screener, teacher-led and student-driven instruction, intervention, and robust reports for teachers and administrators. It’s all you’ll need to monitor and support every type of student learner in your classroom.
Built for Texas educators
TEA has established a bold vision for teaching and learning by:
- Enabling universal, multidimensional assessment.
- Supporting differentiated instruction based on diagnostics.
- Making the resulting data useful for teachers and parents.
mCLASS Texas Edition is built on decades of research at the Center on Teaching and Learning at the University of Oregon, a national center for early childhood assessment and instruction. The measures are already in use in hundreds of districts in Texas.
mCLASS® Texas Edition Reporting
Quick and actionable reports provide detailed insight into students’ reading development across foundational literacy skills for classroom teachers and literacy specialists, principals and district leaders, and parents and guardians at home.
mCLASS Texas Edition gives you instant results and clear next steps for each student.
Learn more about mCLASS reporting features
Personalized learning for every student
Amplify Reading is a K–8 student-driven literacy program that provides both remediation and enrichment for all students, leveraging the power of compelling storytelling to engage students in personalized reading instruction and practice.
At its heart, there are 3 main areas that make Amplify Reading a unique supplemental learning program:
- The program meets all students where they are with powerful individualized instruction and practice
- Age-appropriate narratives create a learning experience that leaps off the screen
- Research shows Amplify Reading improves student performance–particularly among English Learners–reducing the overall percentage of students at risk of reading difficulty.
Achieve parity in English and Spanish
mCLASS Texas Edition provides screening and diagnostic assessments for Spanish literacy. mCLASS’s Spanish assessment and instruction tools are unique to Spanish language development and support biliteracy development in dual language settings.
Dyslexia screening: Catch at-risk students early
Early intervention is critical. mCLASS Texas with DIBELS 8th Edition aligns to the state’s rigorous requirements around dyslexia screening as outlined in the Texas Dyslexia Handbook—including EOY screening in grade K and MOY screening in grade 1.
Get universal and dyslexia screening in one single powerful tool—no additional assessment system required.
Download our dyslexia toolkit to learn more.
mCLASS Texas Alignment with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
mCLASS Texas Edition includes multiple measures. In English, it includes DIBELS 8th Edition and screeners of vocabulary, spelling, and oral language. In Spanish, it includes IDEL, screeners of vocabulary, oral language, and spelling.
View TEKS alignment
Complete K–6 solution
- Amplify CKLA Skills is a research-based supplemental skills program built on experts’ latest findings on how children learn to read. You can use it to supplement your core ELA practice with focused lessons that help you make skills a priority in your literacy block.
- mCLASS Intervention is a staff-led reading intervention for K–6 that performs data analysis and lesson sequencing with Tier 2 and Tier 3 small-group intervention to get struggling readers back on track.
- Text Reading and Comprehension (TRC) for K–6 provides teachers with additional comprehension measures within the mCLASS platform, featuring a digital reading record and connected book sets.
- mCLASS Math offers universal screening and progress monitoring with diagnostic interviews to provide a rich view of at-risk students and gauge the effectiveness of math instruction.
Learn more about Amplify’s programs for Texas
Contact your Texas representative
Looking to speak directly with an mCLASS Texas Edition representative? Get in touch with the mCLASS Texas team to learn more about using the program:
- Amplify Texas hotline: (512)-877-9111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Raymundo Rodriguez, M.Ed.
Vice President, South Central
Senior Account Executive
Senior Account Executive