Welcome, Texas educators!
mCLASS® Texas Edition has been selected as the Texas Education Agency (TEA)–approved alternative free Reading Diagnostic Tool for Kindergarten and as one of the free options for grades 1–2, as legislated by HB3.
mCLASS Texas Edition provides a full K–6 assessment solution, enabling you to leverage and connect valuable student data from the beginning of their literacy journey to later grades, reflecting a reliable and valid view of every student’s progression.
*Introducing mCLASS Lectura! This exciting new Spanish assessment ensures complete parity between English and Spanish-speaking students.
*For mCLASS Texas Edition customers who have already opted into the program, please visit our onboarding site to learn how to get started.
What is mCLASS Texas Edition?
mCLASS Texas Edition is an integrated, gold standard literacy system that offers teacher-administered assessment and holistic instruction for grades K–6. Teachers often complain about the need to cobble together a number of different tools. They don’t trust their screener so they use something else to monitor progress.
The mCLASS comprehensive system includes efficient one-minute measures, a built-in dyslexia screener, teacher-led and student-driven instruction, intervention, and robust reports for teachers and administrators. It’s all you’ll need to monitor and support every type of student learner in your classroom.
We’re excited to introduce mCLASS Lectura! mCLASS Lectura works in tandem with mCLASS’s DIBELS 8th Edition to deliver universal and dyslexia screening in both languages. This powerful tool is the only assessment to offer a dual language instructional report that shows how a student is reading in each language.
Built for Texas educators
TEA has established a bold vision for teaching and learning by:
- Enabling universal, multidimensional assessment.
- Supporting differentiated instruction based on diagnostics.
- Making the resulting data useful for teachers and parents.
mCLASS Texas Edition is built on decades of research at the Center on Teaching and Learning at the University of Oregon, a national center for early childhood assessment and instruction. The measures are already in use in hundreds of districts in Texas.
CLICK HERE to explore a walkthrough of mCLASS Texas Edition and mCLASS Lectura (or click the image to the right).
mCLASS® Texas Edition and mCLASS Lectura Reporting
Quick and actionable reports provide detailed insight into students’ reading development across foundational literacy skills for classroom teachers and literacy specialists, principals and district leaders, and parents and guardians at home.
mCLASS Texas Edition gives you instant results and clear next steps for each student.
Learn more about mCLASS reporting features
When mCLASS Texas Edition is used in tandem with the brand new, mCLASS Lectura, educators will have access to a dual language instructional report that shows how a student is reading in each language.
Personalized learning for every student
Boost Reading (formerly Amplify Reading) is a K–8 student-driven literacy program that provides both remediation and enrichment for all students, leveraging the power of compelling storytelling to engage students in personalized reading instruction and practice.
At its heart, there are 3 main areas that make Boost Reading a unique supplemental learning program:
- The program meets all students where they are with powerful individualized instruction and practice
- Age-appropriate narratives create a learning experience that leaps off the screen
- Research shows Boost Reading improves student performance–particularly among English Learners–reducing the overall percentage of students at risk of reading difficulty.
View Boost Reading TEKS alignment
Introducing mCLASS Lectura: Dual Language assessment and instruction for K-6!
Here’s what mCLASS Lectura delivers to help teachers know what instruction to prioritize:
- An authentic dual language assessment that works in tandem with mCLASS Texas Edition to deliver universal and dyslexia screening in both languages.
- The only assessment to offer a dual language instructional report that shows how a student is reading in each language. This helps the teacher tailor instructional recommendations for each student based on the identified transferable skills from one language to another.
- Complete parity between English and Spanish solutions at all levels, with full coverage of the key foundational skills required by Texas.
Click here to learn more about mCLASS Lectura.
Dyslexia screening: Catch at-risk students early
Early intervention is critical. mCLASS Texas with DIBELS 8th Edition aligns to the state’s rigorous requirements around dyslexia screening as outlined in the Texas Dyslexia Handbook.
Get universal and dyslexia screening in one single powerful tool—no additional assessment system required.
Emergency Rules Related to Dyslexia Screening are available that address the 2019-20 school year kindergarten end-of-year dyslexia screening and have implications for the 2020/2021 school year 1st grade BOY administration of Commissioner-approved or LEA designated reading instrument. This new screening requirement applies to 1st grade students who were not screened for dyslexia at EOY of their kindergarten year.
Download our dyslexia toolkit to learn more.
mCLASS Texas Alignment with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
mCLASS Texas Edition includes multiple measures. In English, it includes DIBELS 8th Edition and screeners of vocabulary, spelling, and oral language. In Spanish, it includes IDEL, screeners of vocabulary, oral language, and spelling.
View TEKS alignment
Complete K–6 solution
Amplify also provides additional top-rated literacy programs that connect with mCLASS Texas Edition to give educators a robust, comprehensive package that covers all of their instructional needs.
- mCLASS Intervention is a staff-led reading intervention for K–6 that performs data analysis and lesson sequencing with Tier 2 and Tier 3 small-group intervention to get struggling readers back on track.
- Text Reading and Comprehension (TRC) for K–6 provides teachers with additional comprehension measures within the mCLASS platform, featuring a digital reading record and connected book sets.
- mCLASS Math offers universal screening and progress monitoring with diagnostic interviews to provide a rich view of at-risk students and gauge the effectiveness of math instruction.
Frequently asked questions
Interested in learning more? Read this FAQ we’ve put together based on questions we’ve received about mCLASS Texas Edition.
Remote and hybrid assessment and learning guide
mCLASS® Texas Edition has created a collection of resources to help users plan for a variety of scenarios for the 2020–2021 school year.
*The TEA has offered a a one-time waiver to school districts for the 2020-2021 school year. They continue to encourage LEAs to adopt a kindergarten screener, as districts will still need to meet dyslexia screening requirements for grades K and 1 for the 2020–21 school year.
Contact your Texas representative
Looking to speak directly with an mCLASS Texas Edition representative? Get in touch with the mCLASS Texas team to learn more about using the program:
- Amplify Texas hotline: (512)-877-9111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Raymundo Rodriguez, M.Ed.
Vice President, South Central
Senior Account Executive
Senior Account Executive
Senior Account Executive
Senior Account Executive
Opt in today
Fill out the form to sign up for mCLASS/mCLASS Lectura! If you have any questions as you complete the form, you can reach our Texas team at email@example.com or (512)-877-9111.