2020–2021 Amplify Math Field Trials
Hello math rock star! Amplify is looking for educators to field test in-development 6–8 and Algebra 1 materials.
We’re working on a game-changing K–12 blended program that pairs problem-based learning with social, collaborative activities and we’re looking forward to sharing some of it with you! No matter what scenario you’re teaching in, the Amplify Math field trial materials will work for you.I’m Interested
The Amplify Math difference:
- High-quality content: Built on the highly-rated Illustrative Mathematics curriculum, Amplify Math makes problem-based instruction easy to teach and engaging to learn.
- A focus on humanizing math: By leveraging great storytelling, Amplify Math’s narratives highlight diverse mathematicians and stories, allowing all students to see themselves in the content and connect with the math.
- Social, collaborative activities: To put productive discourse at the center of instruction, print and digital lessons ask students to reason mathematically and justify their thinking together.
- A unique partnership with Desmos: We’ve partnered with Desmos to create Amps—our library of social, collaborative digital lessons powered by Desmos technology. Amps live at the intersection of content and tools—students work together through captivating problems and scenarios while teachers gain insight into student reasoning in real time.
Signs you might be an amazing field trial teacher:
- You love math.
- You know young people are capable of just about anything.
- You understand that giving candid feedback can help the next generation of students redefine what amazing looks like.
- We are looking for a diverse set of classrooms and districts, with a variety of technology used (remote, hybrid, 1:1, blended—you name it!) and demographics (urban, suburban, rural).
If you think you fit the bill, let us know. You can even skip the fine print and get in touch by clicking below.
Field trial teachers will receive:
- Prototype print teacher lesson plans
- Printable student resources
- Digital teacher and student access
- Virtual training sessions with the Amplify Math product team
To view example field trial materials, enter the password provided by your Amplify contact. If you don’t have a password yet, email firstname.lastname@example.org or your Amplify representative.
Amplify will collect feedback in a number of ways:
- Regular quick surveys
- Mid-point surveys and interviews (virtual)
- End of field trial surveys and interviews (virtual)
Participants may be invited to participate in in-person interviews and meetups, but they will not be required. Amplify may ask to visit your classroom if possible.
We will also ask that Field Trial teachers administer pre- and post-unit assessments provided by Amplify. Student scores may be used in marketing published by Amplify but no identifying information would be shared.
Field trial unit availability
|Date||Grade 6||Grade 7||Grade 8||Algebra 1|
|10/1/2020||6.1: Area and Surface Area
6.6: Expressions and Equations
|7.6: Expressions, Equations, and Inequalities
7.1: Scale Drawings
|8.6: Exponents and Scientific Notation
8.8: Associations in Data
|A1.1: Conditional Probability
A1.2: Linear Equations, Inequalities, and Systems
|11/2/2020||6.7: Rational Numbers||7.7: Angles, Triangles and Prisms||8.1: Rigid Transformations and Congruence||A1.5: Introducing Exponential Functions
A1.6: Introducing Quadratic Functions
|11/30/2020||6.2: Introducing Ratios||7.8: Probability and Sampling||8.2: Dilations, Similarity, and Introducing Scope|
|1/4/2021||6.3: Unit Rates and Percentages||7.2: Introducing Proportional Relationships||8.3: Linear Relationships||A1.7: Quadratic Equations|
|2/1/2021||6.4: Dividing Fractions||7.3: Measuring Circles||8.4: Linear Equations and Linear Systems||A1.3: Data Analysis and Linear Models|
|3/1/2021||6.5: Arithmetic in Base Ten||7.4: Proportional Relationships and Percentages||8.5: Functions and Volume||A1.4: Features of Functions and Their Graphs|
|5/3/2021||6.8: Data Sets and Distributions||7.5: Rational Number Arithmetic||8.7: The Pythagorean Theorem and Irrational Numbers|
Field Trial calendar
|7/8/2020||Registration opens||Schools/teachers can register for the Field Trial.|
|8/1/2020||Participant planning meetings begin||An Amplify Math team member will set up an initial meeting to review and collect basic information, answer questions, and review expectations.|
|8/15/2020||Product training and professional development materials available||The Amplify Math team will publish and share materials to help teachers and students learn the basics of how to access and use the materials.|
|9/1/2020||Registration and rostering begins|
|10/1/2020||Field Trials begin!|