Amplify Texas: Tutoring
Amplify’s tutoring program provides Texas tutors with high-quality, tutor-friendly instructional materials for students in K–5.
When you are ready to get started with Amplify Tutoring, your first step is to pre-register with TEA
Pre-register for tutoring here
Anchored in mCLASSⓇ Intervention and mCLASS TX Edition, these tutoring materials complement the Amplify materials that educators currently use and trust through the Texas Home Learning (THL) initiative to instruct hundreds of thousands of students across the state of Texas. Amplify Tutoring provides classroom teachers and tutors access to the same student data, including visibility into all tutoring lessons.
Tutors are able to use the mCLASSⓇ Intervention curricula to seamlessly support either in-person or remote tutoring. All materials are adaptive and data-driven, based on initial data collected by teachers or tutors in mCLASS TX Edition and progress monitoring administered by tutors to individualize student supports. Amplify’s tutoring program provides Texas tutors with complimentary, high-quality, comprehensive professional development. Tutors are trained in pedagogical best practices, engagement strategies to build strong relationships with students, and using Amplify Tutoring materials to support student growth.Learn more about mCLASS Intervention Learn more about mCLASS
Amplify Tutoring seamlessly extends teachers’ reach by leveraging the tools and resources currently available to Texas teachers. Tutors will use Amplify’s research-backed mCLASS Intervention to deliver reading intervention to students most in need of support. mCLASS Intervention will group students of similar skill levels and provide tailored lesson sequences using data from mCLASS Texas Edition, the gold standard literacy system designed for Texas, which will be available for all K-5 students in Amplify Tutoring. mCLASS Intervention lessons are:
- Grounded in data
- Tutor friendly and easy to follow
- Include progress monitoring cycles with mCLASS TX Edition
To ensure the highest quality instructional implementation, Amplify provides a robust initial training course for tutors and statewide office hours for ongoing professional development to all Texas tutors and school personnel using Amplify tutoring materials. Amplify’s professional development is designed to support all tutors, regardless of previous educational experiences or formal teacher training, in becoming well-trained and effective tutors who support small groups of students in order to (a) build early literacy skills, (b) build strong relationships, and (c) build students’ confidence in reading.
- Amplify Tutoring includes an initial asynchronous training course that can be easily accessed by tutors at any time. The training is a robust, self-paced, multimedia course that draws upon best practices for adult learners. The course is divided into easy-to-access modules, which present learning in various formats such as videos, articles, and frequently asked questions. Checks for understanding are embedded throughout the modules for tutors to solidify their understanding of new learning. Aligned to the principles of high-impact tutoring, this comprehensive training course provides tutors with an average of 30 hours of training in order to be confident and well-prepared.
- Tutors will be able to participate in a live 3-hour capstone session delivered by ESCs to cement learnings from the initial course. This professional development will provide opportunities for peer practice, collaboration, and clarification before beginning tutoring.
- Ongoing office hours are available to tutors and school and LEA leads throughout the year to answer any questions.
- Teachers and school leaders will also have access to recorded professional development webinars for an overview of Amplify Tutoring, best practices for setting up tutoring at their school or district, and support to create homogeneous student small groups based on mCLASS data.
For questions about Amplify Texas Tutoring, reach out to us at email@example.com.
If you are ready to get started with Amplify Tutoring, your first step is to pre-register with TEA.
Pre-register for tutoring here